Tuesday, March 26, 2013

my (hectic, boring, insane, random) life

So, I got home from vacation a week ago.  And yes, it was awesome (think warm [like 70*] weather, sunshine, and fun friends!) but being home again is good in it's own way.  Even though my first reaction when I got home: BRRR!!  Yes, NY feels so cold again after I got spoiled in nice warm AR.  But spring is coming, yes it is, I'm sure it is. :)
Tonight we had Kid's Club again.  It feels great to be back among those dear kids.  Yes, that includes the times when the only thing you say is "sh, sh, sh" all night long and it seems like what we're trying to teach them rolls off just like water off a duck's back.  But then I remember, we're not hear to make them behave like angels, saying and doing all the right things.  We're here to plant seeds of Truth in these young lives.  We're here to pray for them, to be their friends, and to point them to Jesus, who needs to be their very best friend.  God help us!
I'm nearly done school!  This is such an AMAZING feeling!  I may continue on in some of my favorite subjects but my formal, mandatory schooling will be OVER!  
Aaannnddd, we're expecting to see the first baby goats the end of this week and next week.  Even though I'm not nearly as into the animals as I was when I was younger, I still get excited when the kids come.  Until I have to force milk down a stubborn kid that refuses to take its bottle, but hey, they're cute anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment