Tuesday, February 12, 2013

This Poem from Awhile back...

About a year and a half ago, I wrote this (free verse, because I simply can't rhyme) poem...nothing special, just what was in my heart.  Anyway, I started thinking about it again recently, and decided to share it with y'all...

I keep looking down
Despair fills my heart.

Regret and the old hurts
Are dragging me down, again.
 
I refuse to look up
And faith is left out
I am without hope
I try to hide-it hurts so much
The shame goes so deep,
I don't wanna be seen
 
The battle continues
Until at last I yield-
I look up to the Father
And with trembling voice
I cry for forgiveness
 
Now...Faith enters my heart
And peace floods my soul
With tear stained face turned upward
The Father's love can flow into me.
 
I raise my hands,
Surrendering all that held me down.
And You pick me up
To hold me in Your arms
 
Overwhelmed and lost
In Your awesome love
I am content.
Let the world go by
Let the storms rage,
But I am safe.
 
Cuz I am Yours,
Now and forever
I am Yours!

comments or criticism, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment