Tuesday, December 24, 2013

'Tis the Night Before Christmas

'Tis the night before Christmas, and now in the house
There's a creature stirring, though not a mouse.
Santa's coal came already, we're burning it now
(Oh please don't tell me we've all been that bad!)

The parents are all snug in their bed, 
As visions of grandchildren dance through their heads.
And Jered, after bookwork, has settled his brain for the night,
While I at the computer am writing this post.

All day there has been much snow a-fallin',
So dreams of white Christmas are soon to come true.
It covers the lawn, sparkling like diamonds,
Reflecting the gentle glow of the moon.

I'm now getting tired, so I shall bid you good-night,
May your Christmas be happy and light,
Your New Year joyful and bright,
Always following the great Prince of Peace.

This finishes my thoughts
But how shall I stop?
For what you begin, it's not always easy to end.
Good-night one, Good-night all, 
And Merry Christmas, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Creative poem!!! Very, very sweet pic of you!!!

    ReplyDelete